Thank you for your interest in participating in the Children’s Clean Water Festival!
About the Festival
The Festival is a free, day-long environmental education event that engages about 1,400 fourth-grade students from throughout the Portland, Oregon metro area. Each year, students from approximately 20-25 schools come to a college campus for a day of learning and fun.
Sounds great! How do I sign my class up?
We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2020 Festival.
- Applications are available in early fall and are due this year by 5 p.m., December 7, 2020.
- Submit one application for each class applying to attend the Festival.
- Check to make sure you have school the day of the Festival before you submit an application.
About the selection process
- Space is limited, so it is likely that not all schools that apply will be able to participate.
- Preference may be given to schools that have not previously participated in the Festival.
- All applicants will be notified in early January 2020.
- Classes not initially accepted will be added to a wait-list and contacted if space becomes available.
Other things to know
- Day-of schedules: Your class will have a busy schedule (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 9:30 a.m. – 1:35 p.m.) the day of the Festival. Lunch times are assigned for each class (10:50 a.m., 11:25 a.m. and Noon). See a sample-class-schedule.
- Chaperones: You will need to recruit class chaperones to attend the Festival with your class. A ratio of one chaperone to six students is recommended. (If you have more chaperone volunteers than you need please encourage them to consider volunteering at the Festival.) You and your chaperones are required to stay with your students at all times.
- Attendance: Your class is expected to stay at the Festival for your class’s entire schedule. Leaving early will jeopardize your school’s attendance in the future.
- Buses: Each class is responsible for arranging their own bus transportation to and from the Festival. Some bus funding assistance may be available for participating schools.
- Cancellation policy: If your class is accepted to attend this year’s event, please contact the Event Coordinator as soon as possible so that we can accept another class on the waiting list.
What One Teacher Said: